SAFETY PRECAUTIONS DURING COVID-19
- A-STAY’s entrance is a revolving door, allowing you to enter hands-free.
- Checking in happens at clean self-serve screens, at least 1.5m apart from each other. The screens and other equipment are disinfected after each use. By each screen, a disinfection pump is available for your hands.
- Opening the door to your room is done with the palm of your hand at the individual palm vein scanner by each door without even having to touch it. Also, your door handle and the scanner are disinfected after each stay to make sure it’s safe.
- Strict hygiene measurements take place after each stay:
Bed & bathroom get extra thorough cleanse and disinfection.
All furniture and service panels are disinfected
- A-STAY‘s staff, the ‘Locals’, actively monitor social distancing by stayers who use the Playground, the communal area downstairs.
- Around communal tables and the bar, every other chair is turned outward with a “no-parking” sign to help guest respect social distancing.
- A one-way flow is taped out on the floor of our Playground.
- Elevators are only allowed to be used by one person at a time.
- Locals working at A-STAY have received training on social distancing and safety measurements, fully activating what they have learned.
- Any snacks or beverages available at the Grab’nGo, can be paid for by using the order screens. Screens and digital payment equipment are disinfected after each use.
- A food delivery point is installed at the entrance of A-STAY, allowing guests to discover local cuisine in their own safe environment.
- A-STAY is cashless, a much cleaner option than passing on paper money or coins.
CONTACT / LOCATION / TRANSPORTATION
Q: How can I contact A-STAY Antwerp?
Q: Where is A-STAY Antwerp located?
A: A-STAY Antwerp is located on Pelikaanstraat 86, 2018 Antwerp in Belgium; right by the central train station.
Q: Is A-STAY in the center of Antwerp?
A: Absolutely yes! We are located next to the train station and just a 5 minute walk from the Zoo. The biggest shopping street in town ‘de Meir’ is just 8 minutes on foot from the hotel. We are surrounded by one of Antwerp’s most thriving businesses, the diamond sector and amidst a very multicultural neighbourhood (read: foodie heaven). The city is yours to explore, at your own pace. Always easy to access, wherever you come from. With A-STAY, you are ready to unfold the city.
Q: Is parking available at A-STAY Antwerp?
A: You can park your car in our private indoor parking lot. The entrance to our parking Is in our driveway. Parking spots can be booked in advance and cost €25 per day. If our parking is full, public parking facilities are available approximately 5 minutes by foot:
- Interparking – Van Immerseelstraat 2, 2018 Antwerp
- Q-Park – Koningin Astridplein 41, 2018 Antwerp (electric car charging available)
- Q-Park – Vestingstraat 39, 2018 Antwerp
Please note that A-STAY Antwerp is located in a Low Emission Zone (LEZ). Foreign and polluting vehicles must be registered online before entering the city centre, or they will be fined. Check if you need to register here.
Q: Which is the nearest airport?
A: The nearest airport is Antwerp International Airport (ANR – Luchthavenlei, 2100 Antwerpen). A taxi ride takes 20 minutes and costs about €15. You can also take bus 51, 52 or 53 from the airport to train station Antwerpen-Berchem. Get off there and take tram 9 to train station Antwerpen- Centraal. A one-way ticket costs € 3.00 and is valid for 60 minutes. A mobile m-ticket, also valid for 60 minutes, is available via De Lijn app and costs only €1.80. From train station Antwerpen- Centraal it’s 2-minute walk to A-STAY. The whole journey takes about 30 minutes.
Q: How do I get from Brussels Airport to A-STAY?
A: There are 35 daily trains directly from Brussels Airport to Antwerpen-Central. The ride costs you €13.80 one way and takes just 30 minutes. From Antwerpen-Central, A-STAY is only a 2 minute walk away. You can also opt for a taxi. It’ll take you 40 minutes and set you back €120.
Q: Which is the nearest train station?
A: The nearest train station is Antwerpen-Centraal, 350 m from A-STAY, less than 2 minutes by foot.
Q: Which is the nearest metro station?
A: The nearest metro station is Antwerpen Diamant Metro, 130m from A-STAY.
Q: Where is the closest ATM?
A: The closest ATM is on the ground floor of the train station Antwerpen-Centraal.
Q: Where is the closest pharmacy?
A: The closest pharmacy is Lloydspharma on the ground floor of the train station Antwerpen- Centraal.
Q: Where is the closest hospital?
Q: How do I book a room at A-STAY?
Q: What do I need to make a reservation?
A: A-STAY is conveniently cashless. We require a credit card only as a guarantee for room bookings.
Q: Will I receive a confirmation of my booking?
A: Once you confirm your booking, you will receive a confirmation via email with a summary of your stay.
Q: I haven’t received a confirmation for my booking, what should I do?
Q: How do I cancel my booking?
A: If reservation was made directly through our website, email us at email@example.com or call at +32 (0) 3 53 53 553. If reservation was made through external booking channel, reservation needs to be cancelled with that channel directly.
Q: What is A-STAY’s cancellation policy?
A: The cancellation policy depends on what rate you are booking and suits you best. The policy for each rate is clearly noted when booking on www.a-stay.com.
Q: Can I book a room without a credit card?
A: A credit card is required to book a room at A-STAY. You will also need a credit card to be able to check-in at A-STAY in order to guarantee payment for incidentals beyond your room rate. A debit card does not work.
Q: How big are the rooms at A-STAY? What types of rooms can I choose from?
A: We have 9 types of rooms. All rooms are single or double occupancy only, except for the KING STAY + SOFA and KING VIEW STAY + SOFA rooms, which include a pull out couch, for a third person.
- STAY rooms: 18 m2 / on floors 1 – 8
- STAY VIEW rooms: 18 m2 / on floors 9 – 12
- KING STAY rooms: 20-22m2 / on floors 1 – 8
- KING VIEW STAY rooms: 20-22m2 / on floors 9 – 12
- KING STAY + SOFA rooms: 20-22m2 / on floors 1 – 8
- KING VIEW STAY + SOFA rooms: 20-22m2 / on floors 9 – 12
- XL STAY rooms: 23m2 / on floors 1 – 8
- XL VIEW STAY rooms: 23m2 / on floors 9 – 12
- ACCESSIBLE rooms: 20-22m2 / on floors 1
Q: Are connecting rooms available?
A: A-STAY doesn’t have connecting rooms. The rooms with the most occupancy capacity are the KING STAY + SOFA room and KING VIEW STAY + SOFA rooms. All rooms fit a baby bed.
Q: Are there rooms adapted to stayers who have special needs?
A: Yes, we have 8 rooms which are specifically designed for stayers who have a special need. These rooms have wider doors and more space in between the furniture in the room to fit a wheel chair. Some features are also fitted lower on the walls so that they are within easy reach. The bathroom is especially designed to accommodate a stayer with mobility restrictions. Stayers with sight impairment can get to their room using Braille on signage in the elevator and at the door of their room. We also host service dogs. Always contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about your stay and a special need. We have processes in place which will make your stayer less stressful!
Q: Does A-STAY have bathtubs or showers?
A: All of our rooms have rain showers with eco-friendly amenities. There are no bathtubs.
Q: I’m travelling with a baby. Does A-STAY provide baby beds?
A: Yes, A-STAY has baby beds. You can order the bed in advance when you book your room at www.a-stay.com or add it later when you check-in. The baby bed is free of charge and can be used for children up to 2 years of age.
Q: Are there hairdryers in the rooms?
A: Yes, all rooms have a hairdryer.
Q: Are pets allowed at A-STAY?
A: Dogs are allowed at A-STAY. There is an additional charge of €9 per night. Your pet gets a doggie bed and a water and food bowl to use during your stay. Please mention you are bringing your dog in your reservation request, call us or email us at email@example.com.
CHECK-IN & CHECK-OUT
Q: How do I check-in at A-STAY?
Q: How do I know my room number?
A: Once you have checked-in, we will send you an email with the room number for your stay.
Q: How does scanning your palm to access your room work?
A: When prompted to at the check-in screen, place your hand on the palm reader to the right of the screen you are using. You should place your hand in a relaxed, but confident way, making sure that the creases between your fingers touch the intended markings. The palm reader will need a few scans to make sure it has a good read. A Local is always there to help you should you need it.
Q: What time can I check-in or out?
A: Check-in is at 15:00 earliest and check-out is at 11:00 latest.
Q: Can I check-in without an ID?
A: Just like at any hotel, a valid European ID or international passport is mandatory for check-in.
Q: How do I pay for my stay?
A: A-STAY is cashless, so we only accept credit and debit cards. You can check-out at the screens in the Playground, by tapping on the Check-out button and following the prompts. You will have the possibility to decide to pay for items on separate credit or debit cards before you confirm payment. An email with your invoice(s) will be sent to you immediately, saving you a print out.
Q: How much is city tax?
A: City tax is €2.97 per person per night.
Q: Can I store my luggage somewhere?
A: Yes, we have storage available at €5 per locker. Ask a Local to help you. Storing your bags is on check-in or check-out days. We assume no liability for fire, loss, theft or damage.
Q: Is there staff available who can help me if I need it?
A: Yes! Our Locals are available 24/7 to assist you. You will recognize them by the logoed t-shirts. They are usually in the Playground area.
FOOD & BEVERAGE
Q: Is breakfast included during my stay?
A: Breakfast isn’t automatically included during your stay. This optional add-on costs is €14.50 per person per day.
Q: When and where is breakfast served?
A: Breakfast is served between 7 – 10am Mon-Fri and between 7 – 10:30am on Sat-Sun in our Playground.
Q: Do you have a restaurant?
A: We don’t have a sit-down full service restaurant. This doesn’t mean you will go hungry. We have a Grabn’Go which is open 24/7, stocked with snacks, sandwiches, fruit and creative salads. There is also loads of drinks to choose from. We also have pizza to grab, and two easy to use pizza ovens to use. You can also opt for steaming a meal. Just ask our Locals for a steamer, Kitchen in a Box, and decide if you want to steam in the Playground or in your room. Whatever you want is ok with us! To pay for your food and drinks, just use the order screens in the Playground.
Q: Do you have a bar?
A: Yes, we do! We have two easy to use taps of beer where you can tap your own beer. And for other soft and alcoholic beverages, you can visit our Grabn’Go.
GENERAL SERVICES & FACILITIES
Q: What services do you offer?
A: At A-STAY you book a room and then add on services you care enough about to pay for. Some services are more affordable when you book in advance on our website. You can add on services either when you book with us on our website, at check-in, or via our web app or TV available in your room. We have the following services you can choose from:
Add-Ons in advance
- Breakfast: €14.50 per person per day
- Pet (dog): €9 per night
- Late check-out (upon availability): €5 per hour until maximum 3pm; after that, charge of extra night applies
- Early check-in (upon availability): €5 per hour
- Parking (upon availability): €25 per vehicle and night (from regular check-in to check-out time)
Add-Ons at location
- Daily cleaning: €15
- Blitz cleaning: €10
- Lockers: €5 per locker (on check-in and check-out days only)
- The Square (meeting room): €30 per hour / €100 half day / €200 full day
- Co-working: €10 per day (includes WIFI and hot beverages)
- Parking (upon availability): €2.50 per hour
- Laundry wash / dryer session (10kg): €2 / €4
- Gym daily pass: €5 per person
- Baby bed
Q: What other facilities do you have?
190 non-smoking rooms, including rooms adapted for those with reduced mobility or special needs.
- Superfast WIFI
- Luggage storage
- Laundry facilities
- Multilingual staff
- Pets are welcome
- A well-equipped Gym
- A Playground (lobby) with a fireplace and board games
- Breakfast buffet or as take-away
- Coffee & tea station
- Bike rental
- Printer and computer
- Co-working space
- A meeting space called The Square
- Two communal kitchens (for long-stayers only)
- Interactive TV to help you personalize your stay, inclusive of streaming possibilities
- A safe deposit box for valuables
- Clothes hangers
- Super-fast WIFI with individual internet access point
- Rain shower with eco-friendly amenities
- A cooling fridge
Q: Is there an internet connection?
A: We believe in speedy and free WIFI for everyone visiting us. Just connect to the A-STAY Guest network. Each room has an individual internet access point, which makes your online experience super smooth.
Q: Do you have a meeting room?
A: We call our meeting room The Square, because that’s where people in a city meet. The Square seats 10 people. It comes with a large TV screen for sharing important information, is sound proof and has a kitchen for those who get hungry, and a view of our green Backyard. Use the order screens in the Playground to book The Square.
Q: Do you have a gym?
A: Yes, we do. You can find it on the ground floor. It has top of the line cardio and strength equipment to use.
Q: What should I do if I need help with my invoice?
A: Please send your request to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: I’m interested in a corporate agreement, who should I contact?
A: Please contact us at email@example.com.
Q: I forgot an item at A-STAY, how can I retrieve it?
A: Your data safety is our highest priority. You can check our policy at www.a-stay.com/privacy.
Q: Where can I find your terms & conditions policy?
A: You can find our terms and conditions at www.a-stay.com/terms-and-conditions/